Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolutions


I just love my Frankie calendar. I got one last year and fell instantly in love with the pretty pictures. So much so that I couldn't bear to write on it, opting to photocopy it and use that instead. I then framed some of the pictures. Is that a bit anal? I still haven't written on my 2010 calendar. What do you think? Should I deface it and use it as was intended, or treasure it?

New year's resolutions? I wasn't going to mention it but seeing as you asked, I'll share. You see, I don't normally 'do' them. It's not that I don't have anything that needs improvement. It's just that minor renovations can quickly turn into major reworks at which point you have to ask yourself would it be quicker to just knock it down and rebuild? And then there's the landscaping, but we won't go there.

Here are the big 3 (no surprises here):
Exercise. Usually at the top of everyone's list. It's at the top of mine too. There is sooo much room for improvement here all I have to do is put my walking shoes on and I've made progress. Of course, it's a good idea to start now whilst I can still bend over to do up my laces–unassisted.
Drinking. If it's your shout, I like G+T in summer; red wine in winter, thanks very much. Seriously though, I aim to reduce my intake. Enough said.
Passion. I am going to find a passion. Over the past couple of years I have surprised myself to find there are things that I'm good at. Some of them like Clean Up Australia Day, are worthwhile. So this year I am going in search of more passion. God knows I could use it.

Last year (or was it the year before), I started my own reward chart. I put little stars on the calendar when I did exercise or if I had an alcohol-free day. I figured if it was good for changing the undesirable behaviour of kids, then it should work for adults too. And it did! So that's where I will start this time around and maybe I'll write on the pretty calendar after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment