Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Melting moments

Today I am off work as I have a sick child at home. Apparently she is one of 16 in her class sick with a gastro bug. Although nobody likes being sick, and I would never wish that on anyone, it was kind of nice to have an unexpected day up my sleeve to get a few extra things done around the house. A couple of days ago a friend* gave me a gluten-free recipe for melting moments with passionfruit cream. I love melting moments; they're a weakness I rarely indulge in. So with a bit of spare time and a few wrinkly passionfruit in the fruit bowl, I decided today was the day to indulge.
If I didn't know better, the passionfruit would have ended up in the bin they looked so bad. When cut open however, they were full of sweet, orangery pulp – perfect!







OMG! They were soooo good. No points deducted just for being gluten-free. They look so pretty in the jar too. I wonder how long they will last.

My busy-ness in the kitchen didn't stop there. I made lamb casserole and créme caramel for the famiglia. Not me; I'm off to dinner with some girlfriends but I secretly hope there is at least some dessert left for me to try tomorrow.


* I have many friends who look out of great GF recipes for me – thank you to you all.

1 comment:

  1. yum yum yum - recipe for biscuits please - love the passionfruit photo xx

    ReplyDelete