Saturday, November 26, 2011

I heART gallery


One of the things I love to do in Brisbane is visit GoMA. It is so cool (I mean that quite literally in the height of summer) and has so many interactive displays to get your creative juices flowing. It always amused me how many parents were busy creating stuff in the kids' areas.


When we moved to New Zealand two years ago, one of the first things I did was seek out the Auckland Art Gallery only to be told it was undergoing a major reconstruction – it's planned completion date was in September 2011. That seemed like such a long time to wait but now it's here, and the new gallery is open for everyone to enjoy. They even have a kids' areas which we visited recently, and yes, I did make a few little crafty things.


These photos were taken on my phone as my camera is in getting fixed. It broke just two months out of warranty :( A big thumbs up to Panasonic though who are fixing it as a warranty job.

1 comment: