Saturday, March 3, 2012

24 hours in Melbourne




 Hosier Lane is famous for its cobbled showcase of street art.



After much organising which involved farming three children out to three different families, Steve and I managed a quick rendezvous in Melbourne last weekend. I had a few hours to myself on Friday morning to check out the shops then I met up with Steve for lunch. We went to MoVida at the end of Hosier Lane for some of the best tapas I've ever had. This chorizo burger was to die for.



This picture is the facade of the old Myer building taken from inside the new Myer building. Having lived in NZ for the past two and a bit years, I was completely awestruck by the glitzy Myer refurbishment. There is nothing like it anywhere in NZ. I definitely felt like a country bumpkin.

We were booked on a 6am flight back to Auckland but there was an "unauthorised sleep-in" which meant we missed it. Personally, I can think of worse places to be stranded. But stranded we weren't. We got on a later flight which meant that we got to enjoy breakfast at a cafe on the Yarra. This trip reminded me  how hip Melbourne is; I think I'll plan a longer trip some time soon.


1 comment:

  1. Have always wanted to dine @ MoVida - looks yummy xxx

    ReplyDelete