Monday, September 28, 2009

Wind 'em back

Daylight savings started in NZ yesterday morning. Personally I don't like it. I have enough trouble getting out of bed in the morning without being forced to do it an hour earlier. I don't care what 'they' say, the sun will always set the time on my body clock. As for getting the kids to bed when it's still daylight outside - they didn't think that one through either did they.

We spent the weekend at the Coromadel Peninsula which is a beautiful part of the world. I didn't brave the water though. We all know I'm a whimp when it comes to getting into the water in Oz so it will take a summer of heat waves to get me in here. Not that I'm wishing that upon myself! That was one of the attractions of moving across the ditch. BTW that dust storm didn't make it to our coastline.

3 comments:

  1. poor love you were never a morning person .... try an extra cup of coffee and don't forget am happy to post di bella when stocks get low ....

    Trying to get back into some form of fitness - too many goodbye lunches, dinners and drinks with you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True. I am a bit slow in the mornings. The supply of Di Bella you girls gave me is serving me well though. Actually, that was the one thing they questioned in Customs as my bags were x-rayed.

    "Excuse me ma'am, you have a large quantity of powdered substance in your bag. Can you tell me what it is?"

    I would air my smelly undies in public anyday just to get that "substance" through.

    As for working off the goodbye kilos, that's slow too. Trying to sweat them out in the steam room doesn't seem to be working :(

    ReplyDelete