Saturday, March 30, 2013

Kale chips



Michael Van de Elzen is a bit of a guru. He owns one of my favourite restaurants in our local village – Molten. Last year he did a TV show called the Food Truck where he made healthy fast food options and took them to public events. Of course, the cook book followed and, thanks to my friend Tracy, I have a copy.

One of the things he made which was a hit with the kids was kale chips so I thought I'd give it a try. I've never cooked kale before; it's got quite a rubbery leaf.


You simply pull the leaves off the stalk, wash and dry them. Sprinkle with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes at 175°C. They do shrink considerably, but they are very tasty. Even my fussy eater liked them.


Here's the recipe, but really, you don't need it.



1 comment:

  1. yum - love kale chips, have a great kale salad recipe with honey dressing all the ferals love - will email it to you xxxx

    ReplyDelete