Sunday, February 19, 2012

Brag rights


I'm not usually one to brag but I impressed myself with this one.

It wasn't achieved the first time round though. Last weekend I attempted to make a gluten-free rainbow cake – it was a complete disaster. Which meant on the morning of the party I was furiously whipping up a sponge cake in addition to a dozen other things. But I wasn't deterred.

A friend of Ruby's had a party at the same time as Ava's. I took this opportunity to opt out of gluten-free thing and chose to make it easy on myself by buying a couple of packet mixes. I also invested in some gel food colouring which gives a more intense colour than the drops you get at the supermarket.

Cutting the cake was a little bit hairy but when I served the first slice there was a chorus of "Ohhhhh!-s" which was what I was aiming for.







If you too want to impress your friends and family, you'll find the instructions for the rainbow cake here.


1 comment:

  1. love that last shot - you look gorgeous and happy - well done you xx

    ReplyDelete